May 27th, 2014
Summer is here, and we want to celebrate with a special contest for our awesome patients. This is a chance for patients of all ages to use their creativity! If you are going to the beach, a baseball game, camping, visiting your grandparents, or hiking in the mountains, take your favorite Orthodontist with you!
Participating is easy and fun! Here are the details:
- The contest runs June 1, 2014 – September 5, 2014 (winner announced September 15th)
- You and your Orthodontist MUST be in the picture together
- (20) bonus points if you are wearing a Loew Orthodontics T-shirt in the picture!
- Make sure you include your name, location & brief description of what you are doing
- Short videos (2 minutes or less) can be submitted
- One entry per person
- Winning prize is an iPad Mini!
Wondering how to submit your pictures or videos?! It’s easy, and you have 3 ways to do so!
-Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Post it to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LoewOrthodontics
-Mail to: Loew Orthodontics Contest, 4 Walter Foran Blvd, Suite #205, Flemington, NJ 08822
Be sure to grab a picture of Dr. Loew and/or Dr. Carla at your next visit. Or, visit our homepage to download them!
Good luck everyone, we can’t wait to see your summer pictures!
September 17th, 2014
Straighter teeth is something many people desire. A nice smile is one of the most attractive things about a person. However, wearing a mouth full of braces for two, three, or more years can be a major pain, both literally and figuratively.
Luckily, there is another option. Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces. Learn more about the benefits Invisalign offers and why you should consider this exciting method of straightening teeth.
- When you have straight teeth, your mouth is healthier in general and there is less chance of tooth decay and gum disease. Invisalign makes it possible for more people to straighten their teeth.
- Invisalign is essentially invisible. You can straighten your teeth without unsightly metal in your mouth.
- The average cost is similar to that of traditional braces, which makes it affordable for many families.
- With Invisalign, the aligner trays are smooth and comfortable to wear. Traditional metal braces can be uncomfortable and cause irritation to the mouth.
- Invisalign is removable, so you do not have to wear the system during special occasions, or when you’re eating. With normal metal braces, you are stuck with them for the entire straightening process.
- Brushing and flossing are simple. Since the system is removable, you can brush and floss just like normal.
As you can see, Invisalign is an exciting option we provide at Loew Orthodontics for those who want straighter teeth. If this is something that sounds interesting to you, talk to Dr. Darren Loew and Dr. Carla Banduci and find out if it would work for your particular situation. Get started today, and before you know it you will be enjoying your straighter teeth.
For more information about Invisalign, or to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Darren Loew and Dr. Carla Banduci, please give us a call at our convenient Flemington or Annandale, NJ office today!
September 10th, 2014
You’ve made an investment on spending money on getting braces, so why not keep your teeth in good health while undergoing orthodontic treatment? Dr. Darren Loew and Dr. Carla Banduci and our team at Loew Orthodontics will tell you it is just as important to develop a regular hygiene routine while you’re wearing braces as you did before proceeding with treatment.
Flossing is essential to the health of your teeth and gums when you’re wearing braces. Because braces may hold food, sugars and liquids upon eating, it is very important to keep on top of your brushing and flossing, as well as visiting our office for regular adjustments.
While we know it’s tough enough to get kids to floss daily without braces, that battle becomes even tougher when braces are involved. Remember that by not flossing, you will become more prone to cavities and gum disease during your treatment.
When flossing, remember to gently massage your gums in between the teeth. You will find that flossing with braces takes extra time, as you will have to weave the floss through each bracket. When flossing, there should be no signs of blood. If you see blood, you are not flossing enough or properly.
Using an electric toothbrush is also a good idea to massage your gums before or after flossing as electric toothbrushes can help remove any harmful bacteria that are lingering in your mouth. And don’t forget to add a mouthwash to your routine to break up any bacteria that has formed. A good mouthwash will help keep your teeth and gums in good shape during your treatment.
If you have any questions about flossing or your orthodontic treatment at Loew Orthodontics please don’t hesitate to give us a call or during your next adjustment appointment!
September 3rd, 2014
These days, Americans everywhere are putting greater emphasis on health and self-improvement, and more people are seeking orthodontic treatment to improve their smile. September happens to be Self-Improvement Month, and our team at Loew Orthodontics knows that orthodontic treatment is an investment in self-improvement that will provide benefits for a lifetime. Recent advances in orthodontia now make treatment more comfortable for many interested in obtaining that beautiful smile.
Not only does orthodontic treatment give you a beautiful smile, it can also benefit your dental and general health. If teeth are poorly aligned, removing plaque and tartar by brushing and flossing may be difficult. A bad bite may result in fractured or excessively worn tooth surfaces, and the extra stress caused by a bad bite may even result in problems with your jaw joints.
If you’ve been thinking about getting that perfect smile, Dr. Darren Loew and Dr. Carla Banduci would love to have you visit for an initial consultation. Please give us a call to schedule a visit! See you soon!
August 27th, 2014
Labor Day is upon us, and that means the non-official end to summer. Before the kids head back to school and temperatures start to cool down, this is your last chance to barbeque in the beautiful Flemington or Annandale, NJ community, head to the lake, and wear your favorite pair of white pants.
About Labor Day
Each year, Labor Day is celebrated on the first Monday of September. It is the one day of year Americans celebrate their achievements in work, which the US Department of Labor says has contributed to prosperity and well-being of America as a whole. Americans have been celebrating Labor Day since the 1880s, and today it is an official federal holiday.
Interesting Facts About Labor Day
- Every year, more than 30 million Americans travel over Labor Day weekend.
- Canada was the first to celebrate Labor Day, and the US soon followed.
- President Cleveland made Labor Day and official US holiday in 1894.
- Labor Day marks the beginning of the NFL and NCAA sports seasons for fans.
- Labor Day marks the end of hot dog season, when Americans consume seven billion hot dogs.
Thanks for being a valued patient of our orthodontic office. Our staff would like to wish you a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. Enjoy your time off!